Here are just some advantages of PCM Thermal Energy Storage:
- Reduces cooling system costs by up to 40% by running on off-peak electricity rates.
- Provides waste heat storage during off-peak periods.
- Avoids peak demand charges or levies and utility charges by reducing peak-time loads.
- Results in a higher Energy Efficiency Rating for cooling system plant.
- Lowers capital costs because the system is designed to run at average load rather than max load.
- Offers higher scheme capacity than traditional air conditioning.
- Delivers high cooling system storage capacity
TES bridges the gap between energy storage and energy use and is used within HVAC systems for cooling and heating schemes. TES schemes may offer full or partial storage.
Typically, you’ll recoup your costs within three years.